These delicious little beauties are packed full of dried seeds and nuts so they’re perfect for a vitamin boost. They have golden syrup, muscovado sugar and butter in them so I’m not going all Deliciously sugar-free Ella on you. But they are still better than sitting on the sofa munching on Maltesers. The recipe comes courtesy of Delicious magazine and is definitely one to cut out and keep.
Makes 12-14 slices
Takes 15 minutes to make and 30 minutes to bake
What Goes In
175g butter, plus extra for greasing
175g golden syrup
250g light muscovado sugar
350g rolled oats
50g pumpkin seeds
50g golden linseeds
50g hemp seeds
50g flaked almonds
50g ground almonds
75g dried cranberries
How to make the power bars
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC / fan 170ºC / gas 5. Grease and line a shallow 23cm-square tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter, syrup and sugar in a pan over a low heat.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the syrup and mix well.
- Spread into the tin and press down with damp hands.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until just golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut into bars in the tin.
- Cool completely before turning out and cutting again with a sharp knife.
PER BAR (based on 12) 494kcals, 24.6g fat (9.6g saturated), 8.3g protein, 63.9g carbs, 40.6g sugar, 0.4g salt